Mobile website design with a robust planning process
Built with SEO firmly in mind at all times and integrated into the WordPress CMS framework, I produce tightly written and efficient mobile website design that perform perfectly on all devices, from smartphones to desktops.
How my web design process works
- I begin by starting a discussion with you, taking into account your idea’s and required functionality, as well as your intended audience. I’ll ask you what design styles you like, as well as any current branding guidelines and what you’d like to achieve long term.
- I study your competitors, to find out what’s working in your industry, taking on what’s good and discarding the bad aspects
- I discover the search terms that people use to find your business type, gauging them for potential number of visits and competition using a fleet of software tools
- During the development process, these search terms are seeded in the right places, in order to increase the relevancy of the website and increase search engine potential
2. Planning & Prototyping
- I begin putting together the wireframe layouts for your website. These are pen and paper, lo-fi ideas for layout and design. They take into account all major page elements, such as headers, call to actions and content layouts.
- These pen and paper designs are then scanned into Illustrator, where I can produce more professional wireframes. These are then delivered to you for review.
- On acceptance, these wireframes are turned into interactive prototypes that work within the browser, to give you an idea of how well they work on both desktop and mobile devices and give you the chance to offer feedback. These are revised until perfect, incorporating your branding, colours and ‘tone’.
- The design is signed off and we’re all ready to rock.
3. Design & Development
- I begin fleshing out these layouts, incorporating your content and coding website functionality. Once the front page is catered for, as well as at least one inner page layout, I post the website to a staging server, allowing you to review aspects and request revisions..
- On acceptance, the rest of the website is developed. This is then posted to the staging server, which is again open to a review phase. A further round of changes can be requested at this point.
- When you’re happy with the result, the website can be made live. I double check that the SEO is bang on target and ensure that the website is efficient and loading at a great speed, as well as beefing up the security.
- Reap the benefits of a solid business presence!